Always ask for help if anything is unclear before leaving the
- Am I comfortable using the ventilator?
- Will I be able to hear the alarms?
- How long will I need the ventilator?
- What if the ventilator breaks down?
- What if the power goes out?
- How do I know if the ventilator isn't working?
- Does being on a ventilator mean I can't leave the house?
- How do I clean the ventilator?
- Who do I call with questions?
- Can I eat while on the ventilator?
- Can I fly on an airplane with the ventilator?
- How often will a clinician (respiratory therapist, nurse) come see me at home?
- Will I still need oxygen when I’m on the ventilator?
- Will I need two ventilators?
- Can I use an extension cord?
- Can I take a bath/shower with the ventilator?
The information and guidance presented on this website is informational only and not
intended to influence practice or supersede the instructions for use of any specific device.